You’ve probably all seen the pictures and video of this amazing new game for Android and have been dying to give it a try. Today Shadowgun by Madfinger games is finally here and available in the Android Market. If you’re a fan of games like Gears of War and wish you had them on your Android device, then you’ll want to give this game a try. We’ve been lucky enough to already enjoy this awesome third person shooter so check out the pictures and video after the break, then run to the market or the NVIDIA Tegrazone and give it a try for just $4.99.
SHADOWGUN puts you into the role of John Slade, a bounty hunter in the year 2350 where evil corporations are the rule of law that go around hiring bounty hunters to do their dirty work — they call these bounty hunters Shadowguns. This game has some of the best graphics and AI I’ve seen on a mobile device thus far and it truly is one of if not the best shooter for Android. With the help of the NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor in our favorite tablets this game really comes to life. With realistic action, lighting and special effects that are stunning, and real life physics you’ll be just as blown away as I was when we first played this game.
NVIDIA showed the game off back in May and we got our first hands-on look at E3 this year. For all the pictures you’d like check out our full review since we were lucky enough to preview this awesome game a bit early. Check out my hands-on video below for a first hand look at the actual gameplay.
SHADOWGUN hands-on gameplay
– Immersive visual presentation, never seen before on mobile devices
– It ain’t just pretty — it’s gorgeous! Advanced lighting effects, beautifully rendered environments, and pro voices make this one of the most advanced games for Android
– Single-player story-driven campaign with playtime lasting around 6 hours
– 10 highly detailed and beautifully rendered levels
– Immersive storyline with multiple outcomes! You decide how it ends!
– Unlock the detailed “Shadowpedia”, and read more about the SHADOWGUN universe!
– Featuring the most advanced combat A.I. to date. Enemies flank, seek cover, and utilize teamwork to take you down! Battle automated sentries, aerial drones, and other lethal foes
– Solve hacking mini-games to whet your nerdy appetite, then get back to blasting enemies and more!
– Survive the onslaught of Dr. Simon’s deadly creations, including end-level bosses, mutated grunts, killer machines, and more!
After reading that feature list what else do you need to know? This game sounds amazing and trust me, it is just that — amazing! I’ve played plenty of mobile games on both iOS and Android but the level of detail, textures, and overall rendered environment in Shadowgun make it the best I’ve seen yet. The amazing graphics and realistic lighting all stems from the awesome power of the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor and MadFinger teamed up with NVIDIA to make this the best game possible and we are even hearing a better quad-core version will be available when the time comes.
With great graphics and enemies that will flank you at will this game has plenty to enjoy. You can run and duck for cover, use a wide array of weapons and shotguns, then battle huge bosses to finish out each level. I’ve played a solid 5 hours so far and still not quite done so this game is not only awesome, but it also has re-playability and length. Plus it’s as long as some cheaper PC games. SHADOWGUN is well worth the $4.99 and I totally recommend you go out and snatch it up so you can enjoy some shooting and carnage yourself.