Excitement is brewing for the arrival of the LG G5 since it was announced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month as the newest flagship phone. It was heightened especially after a commercial starring Jason Statham and that LG UX 5.0 walkthrough video were released earlier this. LG announced again that the modular smartphone will be available beginning this week in some key markets.
Verizon opened up the phone for pre-order a few days after AT&T did. An LG G5 video ad confirmed the April 1 launch in the US but we know that units are already out there . It even starred in the “world’s fastest unboxing video” by T-Mobile. South Koreans will be able to nab the phone a day earlier on March 31. Other markets in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East will soon follow.
We’re looking forward to getting our hands on the device (again!) and do a more in-depth review. It didn’t win all 33 awards for no reason. It was even named as the “Best New Smartphone” at MWC 2016 by the GSMA’s Glomo Awards.
The LG G5’s modular design and its “Friends” make a huge difference and we’ll seen in a couple of days. LG G5 accessories or Friends include a CAM Plus, LG Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY, 360 VR, 360 CAM, Rolling Bot, TONE Platinum, and H3 by B&O PLAY. Availability and pricing of the LG G5 and Friends will vary in every country and network.
LG G5 Specifications:
• OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
• Processor: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 – H850; Snapdragon 652
• Display: 5.3-inch screen, 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 + Always-on secondary display
• Dimension: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm
• Weight: 159 grams
• Battery: 2800MAh Li-Ion (removable)
• RAM: 4GB RAM/3GB RAM (Snapdragon 652 variant)
• Storage: 32GB (expandable)
• 16MP camera
• 8MP front-facing Camera
• Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, 4G/LTE