This week has been the week of over eating and great bargains – especially when it comes to Android devices. As we near the release of Android 2.3 Gingerbread, we aren’t seeing too many leaks regarding the update (or Android in general) and with the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, news was generally slow regarding our favorite mobile operating system. However, this does not mean we do not have anything of importance announced this week, below you can find some of the top stories of Week 48 2010.
In Gingerbread news:
We also have a lot of deals available for Android users as we near the holidays, these include:
- HTC G2 Free at Best Buy
- Verizon Releases DROID Essential Packs for the Holidays
- Droid Incredible Free From Dell, Shipping, Activation, and a Gift Card Included
- Unlocked Dell Streak now on sale direct from Dell
- Buy a Smartphone or Galaxy Tab, get a Smartphone Free, at T-Mobile
As we near closer to Android 2.3, we are starting to hear more and more rumors of the upcoming Samsung Nexus S, which is expected to be one of the flagship devices for the operating system. The rumors have sure poured in over the last week, you can check out our coverage of the Nexus S below:
- Nexus S Hits the FCC Again, This Time With New Antennas
- Google Nexus S Running Android 2.3 Gingerbread Caught in Wild
Next week we will see Cyber Monday deals, more Gingerbread news, and hopefully even more deals for holiday shoppers who have still not purchased an Android device.
As always, we will be here fully covering every leak, break, rumor, and launch of any new Android devices, so stay tuned to Android Community!