We heard a bit about the “Galaxy Perks” that were going to be arriving with the Galaxy S5 last week, and it seems Samsung has offered a bit more of an official announcement this morning. According to details coming from Samsung, those picking up a Galaxy S5 will get perks from 16 content and/or service providers that are worth more than $600. The perks include everything from online storage, to fitness apps, news, and more.
The offers vary by provider, and there are some that sort of overlap each other. Still, even if you aren’t going to use all 16 — there should at least be a few you can take advantage of. The list includes offers from the following; RunKeeper, MapMyFitness, Skimble, Lark, PayPal, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, LinkedIn, Cut The Rope 2, Flick Dat, Box, Dropbox, Bitcasa, Blurb, EasilyDo Pro and Evernote.
“The Galaxy S5 was designed to offer consumers the most advanced tool to help improve their everyday lives. These new partnerships perfectly compliment this mission with a comprehensive offering of some of the world’s best mobile resources to suit people’s active lives.” said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Division, Samsung Electronics.
As mentioned, the offers vary by provider, and there is likely some fine print also attached. Simply put, you may want to read all the details before settling on a Galaxy S5 based on the Galaxy Perks offer alone. Of course, on the flip side, these should arrive as a bonus for those who are already convinced the Galaxy S5 is the handset for them. Having said that, minus the fine print, the offers are as follows;
- RunKeeper: 1 year free premium service
- MapMyFitness: 6 months free premium service
- Skimble: 6 months free premium service
- Lark: 1 year premium service
- Paypal: $50 voucher on PayPal merchants
- Wall Street Journal: Free 6 month subscription to Wall Street Journal
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Free Subscription: 12 Months
- LinkedIn: Free LinkedIn Premium account for 3 months
- Cut the Rope 2: $10 in game credits
- Flick Dat: Free download of $2 paid app
- Box: Free 50 GB for 6 months and $60 value
- Dropbox: 50GB for 2 years, $100 value
- Bitcasa: 1TB storage for 3 months
- Blurb: Free $5 Coupon
- EasilyDo Pro: 6 months free EasilyDo Pro
- Evernote: 3-12 month free subscription (dependent on country)