The Nexus S will be coming out in just 2 days, and eager customers are anxious to get their hands on the device and the Gingerbread operating system. We know the launch plans according to Best Buy, but now it looks like we may have some expected quantities of the device.
According to a tipster close to the matter Best Buy’s inventory will look something like this:
- Big box Best Buy locations that sell T-Mobile contracts in store will have on average 35 units Thursday
- Big box Best Buy locations that do not, will have on average 4 units Thursday
- Best Buy Mobile locations that sell T-Mobile will have on average 72 units Thursday
- Best Buy Mobile locations that do not, will have on average 4 units Thursday
- There will be plenty of transferring product around from Best Buy to Best Buy to even out counts as needed, but these are the numbers shipping to stores
- There will be plenty of units for orders placed online and shipped to the customer
These are all unconfirmed numbers, but they seem to be right according to Best Buy’s previous launches.
If you’re looking for a Nexus S on launch day your best bet is a Best Buy with that sells T-Mobile phones, if not it may be in your best interest to go before the doors open at 8AM to get your Nexus S.
Want further coverage of the Samsung Nexus S? Check out our full review!