It seems nobody can get enough of the Nexus One or, as many are still calling it; the “Google Phone”, apparently, someone got a hold of the Android 2.1 ROM for the Nexus One ROM and got creative. Now, as you will see on the video at the end of this post, you can get the boot animation of this already famous phone, on your DROID by Motorola.
The most important thing about this leaked ROM is not only about running the Nexus One boot animation on your Motorola DROID. The most important thing is, the specs that were found. Apparently, someone over at These Are The Droids has been tinkering with the library files and various other system files from the Nexus One ROM.
Here’s the list of everything they have found about the Nexus One so far.
* Proximity Sensor/Light Sensor: Capella CM3602 per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
* Accelerometer: BMA150 3-axis Accelerometer per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
* Magnetic Compass: AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor/AK8973 Orientation sensor per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
* Wifi Radio / Bluetooth / FM: BCM4329 in lib/modules
* In libaudio.so I found “Routing audio to Speakerphone with back mic” reference.
* In libaudio.so I found “Stereo FM speaker” also referenced.
* Audience A1026 Noise Canceling Chip – No link but here is the A1024 found in libaudio.so
* Qualcomm QSD8K Specific hardware libs in lib/hw (QSD8250 Probably)
* Adreno 200 Graphics Core with OpenGLES 2.0 – Part of Snapdragon?
* Camera Info Vague, found some references to auto focus, flash, white balance and anti-banding in libcamera.so
* Snapdragon Specific Libraries found
And for those Motorola DROID owners who are thinking about porting the ROM on their phones, beware, there are some issues that need to be polished before everything works correctly. The guys over at Sholes.info have a system.img that you can download to get Android 2.1 on your DROID. We do not want you to brick your devices, but if you still want to go on, it is at your own risk.