CyanogenMod continues to improve the ever-popular CM13 custom ROM with a new snapshot build based on Android 6.0.1 r61 Marshmallow, and this means fixes and new features for users of the said ROM. Up front, there’s a new boot screen for you to ogle at, but that is most definitely not all. Let’s dig a bit deeper into what the new CM13 snapshot build has for us.
The new build is now released as ZNH5Y, so you can make sure that the CM13 ROMs you’re flashing are up to date if they have that suffix. A “snapshot build” is as close to stable as you can get, with all the newest stable features incorporated. This is differentiated from the nightly builds and betas, as you can see.
The new feature list is long, but the highlights are here:
– Wi-Fi Tethering – automatically turn off hotspot after X minutes of inactivity
– Profiles – add notification light controls
– Do Not Disturb/Priority Mode – add notification light controls
– Privacy Guard/App data usage – Restrict apps to Wi-Fi or Cellular data only or block all internet access, per app
– Bluetooth Devices battery support – For compatible devices, a new battery icon will appear in the status bar to show the paired devices’ battery level
– Lockscreen Wallpaper picker makes its return
– Lockscreen Weather and new Weather plug in support
– Lockscreen Blur support (on a per device basis) and the ability to disable the effect
– Live Lockscreen support
– New LiveDisplay hardware enhancements and API
You can look at the full changelog here, and as always, you can download the new CM13 snapshot build for your device at the official CM download page. Be patient though, as the build is still being uploaded to the download server and may take a few more hours before it shows up for download.