Fresh off the news this morning that the popular ROM CyanogenMod has been installed on over 2 million devices we now have one more to add to the list. Late last week an official but experimental build of CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich was released for the new ASUS Transformer Pad TF300. Read on below for details and download links.
ASUS finally released the Transformer Pad 300 bootloader unlock tool early last week, and now just a few short days later we already have the goodness we all know and love that is CM9 to flash on our tablets. Thanks to developer XpLoDWilD over at this XDA thread you can enjoy it today.
1) Unlock your device, and install CWM recovery : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show….php?t=1668173
2) Push the update zip to your internal memory
3) Reboot in recovery (Shutdown tablet, press Vol Down + Power, then press Vol Up when prompted)
4) Make a backup
5) Navigate to “Install zip from sdcard”, “Choose zip from sdcard”, and choose the update zip you previously pushed to your tablet
5a) If you want Play Store, flash gapps now too (download)
6) Go back and Wipe data/cache (not actual user data)
That’s it. Might not be the easiest but if you’ve ever flashed ROM’s in the past this should be nothing new. So long as you know how to unlock the bootloader (using their tool) flash ClockworkMod and follow the instructions you should be just fine. The WiFi and camera issues seem to all be resolved and this experimental build #2 appears quite stable. The developer does state MTP storage has some issues and you can only transfer files from PC to TF300, not from tablet to PC.
If you feel like enjoying the always amazing CyanogenMod 9 on your new Transformer Pad 300 give it a try today and let us know in the comments below how it all goes.
[via XDA Developers]