The Nexus 5 with Android 4.4 is very much tied into Google Now. That’s evident by the new launcher, and the immediate access to Google Now from the home screen. Of course, if you opt out of Google Now when setting up your device, it just about vanishes from the device. You can get it back, though — and it’s pretty simple.
By following a few simple steps, you can easily get Google Now back onto your phone. It’s as simple as logging out and logging back in, too. The full walkthrough, which we have via Slashgear, gives you the best method for getting Now back:
1. Pull down from the top of your display to reveal your notifications window.
2. Tap the smiley-faced fellow in a square in the upper right-hand corner to show quick settings.
3. Tap the Settings button in the upper right-hand square.
4. Inside Settings, pull the screen up until you see Accounts.
5. Tap the Google account, or if you don’t have one, tap Add account and make a Google Account.
6. Inside your Google account, below Privacy, tap Search.
7. Inside “Accounts & privacy”, tap the first list item: Google Account.
8. Tap Sign out.
9. Repeat steps 1-8 but tap your email address instead.
10. At this point, the Google Now opt-in screen should appear.
If you already have an account added, you can hold down on the home screen, and tap “Accounts and Privacy”. From there, you just follow steps 7 & 8. It’s pretty easy to do, and one of those odd nuances to the newest Nexus device that could confuse some if they don’t navigate it properly.