ZTE is announcing a new device today, the Grand S Pro. Set for release on US Cellular, the Grand S Pro delivers top-end performance at a rock-bottom price. For $99 with a two year contract, US Cellular customers can get LTE service and quad-core Snapdragon performance.
Lixin Cheng, Chairman and CEO of ZTE USA, says “The Grand S Pro proves that it is possible to deliver a high-performing device, without the high price tag.” Is he right? Here all the full specs to help you decide:
- Battery: Lithium Ion 2300mAh battery with up to 10 hours of talk time (approx.)
- Camera: Rear-facing 13 MP with auto focus and 2 MP front-facing
- Dimensions: 5.6”x2.8”x0.4”
- Display: 5.0” 720×1280 HD capacitive touch screen with Dragontail glass
- Memory: 2GB RAM / 8GB ROM; Supports MicroSD cards up to 32GB
- Network: CDMA 1xDoRa Cell, 4G LTE B2/B4/B5/B12/B17
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Processor: 2.3GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974AB (800)
- Video: 1080p HD
- Weight: 5.48oz
- Wi-Fi: 2.4G/5G dual-band 802.111 a/b/g/n/ac
Spec heavy and lightly priced, the ZTE Grand S Pro is one to keep an eye on next time you’re looking for a solid performer. If you’re not interested in a contracted price ZTE tells us the Grand S Pro will be a mere $249.99 off contract. That’s pretty special, considering the spec sheet.
ZTE has built a great reputation as an OEM, positioning themselves among the top manufacturers of mobile device in the world. Whether or not they can make an impact in a crowded US market remains to be seen, but devices like this should help.