We’ve been anticipating the arrival of the Xiaomi Mi 4c since we learned that it would be unveiled this September 22. That day finally happened and the smartphone is now ready with a 5-inch 1080p display, Hexa-Core Snadpragon 808 processor, Android Lollipop, and MIUI 7 user interface. It’s another Mi 4 variant that is obviously meant for release in China and we’re guessing the United States soon.
Xiaomi’s latest Mi 4c just boasts off 4G LTE connectivity, dual SIM support, USB Type-C port, 5MP front-facing cam with 85-degree wide-angle lens, 13MP rear camera, two-tone LED flash with two-tone LED flash, and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF). There’s also an infrared sensor so you can control your home appliances, DVR, or TV right from the smartphone.
Since new smartphones today are incorporating new touch technology, this Xiaomi Mi 4c takes advantage of the Edge Touch Technology to allow simple controls on the side of the phone. For example, tapping on the side twice would bring you back to the previous screen or menu. One tap on the side then would take your selfie.
Phone is available in blue, white, yellow, or pink with finish for only $204 for the basic variant while the 32GB/3D RAM. It also features Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 so you don’t have to wait for hours before device gets some power. Xiaomi will list the phone for pre-order starting September 23 on Tmall.com and mi.com.
Xiaomi Mi 4c specifications:
• OS: Android Lollipop
• Processor: Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor (4x 1.44GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A57)
• Display: 5-inch Full HD IPS, fully laminated 441 PPI display, 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution
• Size: 138.1 × 69.6 × 7.8mm
• Weight: 132g
• Battery: 3080mAh
• 2GB RAM/3GB RAM
• 16GB internal storage/32GB
• 13MP rear camera (Sony IMX258)
• 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens
• Connectivity: Infrared sensor, 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C