THX Ltd. has released their tune-up app for Android users. The app arrived in the Play Store this morning and is listed as THX Tune-Up. The tune-up app is touted as being easy to use and interactive. Perhaps key here, THX Tune-Up will allow users to adjust their television, projector and speakers for the best setup and best performance.
THX Ltd. has launched the app for free, though it will not stay at that price. Details here show the app being available for free through February 3rd. After that time the app will adjust to $1.99. Aside from this being a launch promotion price, THX Ltd. also mentioned how the app is being launched in time for the Olympic Games and this Sunday’s big game.
THX Tune-Up brings the ability to adjust the video and audio setups. Not to mention, some of what are listed as being bonus features. The video and audio features include the following;
- Aspect ratio – ensures shapes and sizes are displayed in the correct proportions
- Brightness – makes certain shadow details and night scenes remain visible
- Contrast – ensures that various levels of white do not blend together or appear washed out
- Color – makes certain colors are balanced and not overly saturated
- Tint – ensures skin tones appear natural and not too green or red
- Speaker assignment – ensures that speakers are connected to the correct audio output
- Speaker phase – confirms that positive and negative speaker wires are connected properly and that all speakers are in phase
Shifting over to the bonus features and we find items such as a THX Deep Note setting, a selection of THX Trailers in HD for showing off your setup, an Ask Tex option for those with questions and even a Moo Can sound for those looking to hear the classic “moo” sound from some THX cinema trailers.
That all having been said, while the app is available from the Google Play Store — there is a list of supported devices. According to THX Ltd., those devices include the HTC One, One max, One X and One X+, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 10 and 2013 Nexus 7. There was also mention of the Samsung Galaxy S 4, Galaxy Note 3 and other devices running Android 4.2.2 or later.
VIA: Google Play Store