XDA member systemallica recently shared with the community important instructions on how to install the Sony Concept 3027 and some other stuff. According to the developer, there isn’t any detailed documentation on how to upgrade to Marshmallow so he made the effort to do it. The result is a comprehensive guide for installation including steps on how to install Xposed, how to root the phone, how to install TWRP, and how to unlock the bootloader.
The dev worked on all these from a stock Android 5.1.1. He noted too that it should work for other ROMs and versions as well. Make sure device is rooted. Allow us to share with you instructions as shared on XDA.
Steps on installing Sony’s Concept Software:
• Make sure your bootloader is locked and that is can be unlocked.
• Go to dialer app and press *#*#7378423#*#*.
• Check service info->configuration.
• The “bootloader unlock allowed” must say ‘yes’ under “Rooting status”.
• Jot down the IMEI information for later reference.
(1) Download the following files:
(Steps 2 to 4 are instructions on HOW TO BACKUP TA PARTITION)
(2) Unzip TA backup tools you just downloaded.
(3) Connect smartphone to your desktop or laptop then Run backup-ta.bat.
(4) Follow the instructions.
(Numbers 5 to 11 are steps on HOW TO INSTALL ROM)
(5) Install Flashtool. Go to C:\Flashtool\drivers, install flashmode and fastboot drivers. Disable driver signature verification on windows 8/8.1/10.
(6) Move the ftf file previously downloaded to C:\Users\username\.flashTool\firmwares
(7) Open Flashtool then select Flash device->Flashmode. You should see the ftf. Check Wipe APPS_LOG and USERDATA. Choose Flash and then follow the instructions. Click no if it asks to use a script.
(8) Wait some more. Be patient.
(9) Boot phone. You should be on Concept version 2157.
(10) Check Settings> About device> Software update.
(11) An update should be ready to install. Repeat several times until there are no more updates listed.
(Here’s how to UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER)
(12) Prepare the IMEI number you noted down earlier.
(13) Go to this site: http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/
(14) Select Xperia Z3 Compact, choose Continue, enter email address.
(15) Click the link Sony sent you via email. Enter the IMEI then Submit.
(16) Copy the code you see. It’s similar to “fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xA8873D989C26BBBB”.
(17) Install the Android SDK.
(18) Open it, make sure to install “Google USB Driver Packager”.
(19) Go to “C:\Program Files\Android\sdk\extras\google\usb_driver” and copy the Fastboot driver you downloaded before.
(20) Turn off phone. Press volume up button, and while doing this, connect the phone to your computer. It should boot into fastboot mode.
(21) In your computer, go to “C:\Program Files\Android\sdk\platform-tools”. Hold shift, and right click inside the folder. Click “Open command window here”.
(22) Type “fastboot devices” in the command window. See if your device shows up. If not, you did something wrong with your drivers, make sure SDK installation is correct.
(23) Copy the line you copied in step 13 then press enter.
(24) Your bootloader is now unlocked. Reboot phone. Note that this will wipe all your data so you have a fresh install of the system.
(Steps 25 to 30 are how to INSTALL RECOVERY)
(25) Enter into fastboot mode. This means you turn off your phone, hold volume up, and connect it to your PC.
(26) Copy the TWRP Recovery downloaded in step 1 to “C:\Program Files\Android\sdk\platform-tools”.
(27) Rename to “twrp.img”.
(28) Open a command window.
(29) Type “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”.
(30) Done. TWRP is installed.
(Numbers 31 to 34 are instructions on how to ROOT PHONE)
(31) Copy “SuperSU 2.65” downloaded in step 1 to your phone.
(32) Enter Recovery mode.
(33) Click Install, search for “SuperSU 2.65”, and swipe to confirm. Reboot your phone.
(34) Done. Phone is now rooted.
(Steps 35 to 40 are ways on how to INSTALL XPOSED)
(35) Copy “Xposed installer” and “Xposed apk” to your phone.
(36) Enter Recovery mode.
(37) Install “Xposed installer”
(39) Install “Xposed apk.
(40) The END! Congratulations!