Sony Ericsson has pushed out the promised LiveView update, promising improved stability of the remote display and automatic reconnection of the Bluetooth link. There’s also support for a greater number of simultaneously installed plugins, now raised to 30.
- Improved stability in the phone application (update available on Android Market since some weeks ago)
- Improved plug-in handling and limit of number of installed plug-ins raised to 30.
- Connection stability improved – most identified reasons for random disconnects should be fixed now.
- There were some cases of random reboots reported, and all those reported crashes have now been resolved.
- Compatibility with competitor phones is greatly improved, both in regards to stability and to battery life time.
- Automatic reconnect when coming back in range improved.
As for those plugins, Sony Ericsson says there are over 30 in the Android Market today. The update will hopefully address some of the issues we experienced in our review of the LiveView over at SlashGear. You can find details on the update here.