Popular talk and chat application Skype has just been updated to version 1.0.1, adding such lovely features as QVGA support and support for 320×240 resolution screens. This should pump up owners of Huawei IDEOS, LG Optimus T/S, Motorola Charm, and HTC Wildfire, who until now were workin without full functionality. Skype for Android has fixes and bug adjustments as well, a list of improvements to be found here below.
• 320*240 and 240*400 screen resolutions are now supported.
• Hardware back key is now supported.
• Reduced power consumption in idle mode.
• Signing out from Skype now exits Skype.
• Improved login stability and behavior.
• Improved performance with large contact lists.
• Reduced application size.
• General bug fixes.
Take a look in your local Android marketplace to see if you’re able to download this newest version. Once you’ve got it, feel free to report back and chat about how neat and/or terrible it is. My bets are all on neato.
[Via Android Police]