Many people don’t prefer their device’s native music player. I happen not to care too much, but there is an awesome app available to all in the Android Market. The app is called PowerAmp, and its beta is now available for download in the Android Market.
Keep in mind that its still in beta, but the developer has made alot of fixes to the bugs that were there in the previous version. It also comes with a few new features as well:
- plays mp3, mp4/m4a (including alac), ogg, wma, flac, wav, ape, wv, tta
- 10 band graphical equalizer for all supported formats, presets
- separate Bass and Treble adjustment
- plays songs from folders and from system media library
- downloads missing album art
- lock screen
- headset support
- tag editor
- visual themes
- fast folders scan
- works on Android 2.1+
If you have yet to try out this awesome app, I recommend heading to the Android Market right now and downloading it, you’ll be pleased with the experience it provides.