So we have this sad truth that one of our beloved file manager apps – that’s ES File Explorer – is going to the dogs because the developers thought it best if the app would, apart from numerous bloat elements, would automatically install adware to your system. People might be looking for an alternative, and MiXplorer wants to step in and do all that file managing for you, and more.
The concept of MiXplorer is a one-stop shop for all the file managing tasks you’ll ever need, and before you ask, no, it is not a product of Chinese phone manufacturer Xiaomi (they like to name their products with the prefix “Mi”). While other file explorers might feel lacking to you, MiXplorer tries to get all of the great features of other file manager apps out there and basically owns it in one package.
MiXplorer was created by an independent developer, so no big company or ambitious developer teams looking for profit strategies, monetization, and ads here. MiXplorer is a free, “no ads at all” project that’s all yours for the using! Something like that would probably look ugly, right? But this app has Material Design, but it will run on Android 2.0+ devices, provided you still have one around.
The list of features are long, but here are the ones we like:
– Customization options that let you select any color.
– Unlimited Tabbed browsing and Dual panel in landscape mode with Drag and Drop between panels functionality.
– Create Tasks with Copy, Move, Paste operations.
– Various View Modes and Sorting Options for each folder.
– Customizable bookmarks drawer with essential file types already categorized.
– Advanced search functions.
– Export/Import all preferences, bookmarks, and customized skins.
– Opening zip files in network storage.
– Integrated with 19 cloud storage providers, in addition to clouds with webdav support like Yandex.ru, OwnCloud, 4Shared, MyDrive.ch, DriveHQ, CloudMe, CloudSafe.
– Root access for advanced operations.
– User and System app management with data backup ability for rooted devices.
– EncFS volumes supported for all storages.
– File encryption and decryption using Aescrypt file format.
– Built-in FTP/HTTP Server.
– MP3 Tag Editor.
– Built-in Image Viewer (with GIF animation support).
– Powerful Text Editor.
– SAMBA, FTP, SFTP, WEBDAV, BLUETOOTH supported as well.
So head on to XDA for the official thread (source link below), where you can also download the APK installer. Nope, you won’t find this on Google Play or anything, but that’s ok, right?