Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile have announced the upcoming availability of the LG Volt. The handset will be arriving with both carriers on May 12th, and perhaps more important for those shopping for a new phone — the LG Volt will arrive as another LTE handset.
The Boost Mobile version will be blue and the Virgin Mobile version will be white. Both carriers will have the Volt priced at a contract-free $179.99.
Specs begin with a 4.7-inch IPS display and quad-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor. The handset will be running Android 4.4 Kit Kat and is touted as being able to offer up to 24 hours of talk time with a 3000 mAh battery. Naturally, battery life will come down to individual usage and habits. Other specs include 1GB of internal storage, a microSD memory card slot (with support for 32GB cards), 1.3MP front-facing camera and an 8MP rear-facing camera.
Those considering a purchase can also expect Corning Gorilla Glass 2 to protect the display as well as a handful of LG specific software features. These include Knock Code and KnockOn, which allow the user to wake the handset and unlock the handset with a series of taps.
Some of the other software goodies include Next Radio, QuickRemote, QuickMemo, QSlide Function, EasyHome and Guest Mode. We’ve seen many of these before, but to recap, we have the following in terms of a breakdown for each;
- Next Radio: Consumers can tune into their favorite local FM radio stations with Next Radio and get song and artist information to share online, or purchase straight from your phone.
- QuickRemote: Turn your LG Volt into a universal TV remote easily with QuickRemote, putting your multi-room, home entertainment system right at your fingertips.
- QuickMemo: Create and share personalized memos by taking screen captures and adding handwritten drawings or messages – like looking up directions on the map application, jotting down a handwritten note on the map for the date and time of a dinner date and sending it to a friend or family member.
- QSlide Function: Multitask by layering up to two windows over the main screen, adjusting for size and transparency – such as using the Richnote feature simultaneously with the calendar or calculator.
- EasyHome: Users can easily access their favorite features, such as camera, contacts, dial pad, voicemail, weather and more from the homescreen, perfect for first-time smartphone owners.
- Guest Mode: This feature can personalize a user experience for yourself or a guest, controlling which apps and capabilities are available depending on which are made accessible.