The HTC Flyer has been quite the talk of the internet lately and now its specs have been leaked and let’s just say this is going to be one very impressive device. You can check out the full comprehensive spec sheet after the break – prepare to be wowed.
The image above is just a mockup and it may not even be a HTC device, but the leaked specs for the HTC Flyer are as follows:
- 7-inch, 1024×600 resolution screen (identical to the Galaxy Tab)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 processor
- HDMI port
- DLNA-enabled for wireless streaming
- 5MP rear camera with both LED flash and facial recognition
- 1.3MP front-facing camera for video calling, Skype is preinstalled
- When the specs were received the device was running Gingerbread, but it just may be running Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- A remodeled version of HTC Sense that is more desktop-like
- HSPA connectivity (T-Mobile 4G?)
- Additional 10-inch in the works to directly compete with the iPad
- this iPad competitor will feature LTE and will be in stores sometime in the second half of the year
These specs are very impressive. It looks like HTC will be pushing out both a competitor for the Galaxy Tab as well as the iPad in 2011 and we couldn’t be more excited. What do you think? Does this HTC tablet interest you, or will you be sticking to the Xoom or smaller Galaxy Tab? Let us know!
I love HTC products, not sure if I need a tablet though since I got my smartphone and laptop… although I have no doubt that it’ll be the best option considering the competition:
Apple: overpriced and anal
Samsung: don’t hold your breath for updates
Motorola: locked bootloader takes all the fun out
Notion Ink: rough start, not good for a new company trying to fight the Big Dogs
Nook Color: best option right now but underpowered
Snapdragon in late 2011? Tegra 2 plz.
Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 is still single core… Shame…
Wich price ? When in Europe ?