It’s the day everyone in the world (that is, everyone in the world with an HTC EVO 4G) has been waiting for! You’re now able to grab the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update manually for your ever-loving upgrade pleasure. This update is available to you by simply following your everyday average instructions for doing so (these instructions listed below if you do so please feel like reading them.) This update brings more than just Gingerbread, too, it’ll allow you the pleasure of having a whole batch of bug fixes, too!
This update was originally slated for June 6th, 2011, and indeed that IS the date when this update will be being sent out Over The Air, but for those of you who just can’t wait, you’ll be able to access this update using the following instructions:
From your home screen, hit your MENU button, find the SETTINGS button and tap it, pull your menu up until you’re at the bottom where you’ll find SOFTWARE UPDATE – tap it, then find CHECK NEW, tap it, and you’ll know the rest! Sounds pretty easy, and you’ll be well on your way, tu n’es-pas?
Have a peek here at the official word on what release this is and what it’ll be bringing to you, the HTC EVO 4G owner:
HTC Evo Maintenance Release – 4.22.651.2 Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
– SMS are intermittently sent to wrong and seemingly random contact
– “Me” instead of “Yo” in SMS thread conversations when set to Spanish
– Unable to stream media thru some applications after updating to 3.70
– Email attachments are not displayed in the mail client
– Multiple Gmail accounts no longer sync after FroYo update
– Fix for battery discharge issue
– Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
– Downloads management- The Downloads application gives the user easy access
to any file downloaded from the browser, email,or another application
Note: HTC Sense updates are not included in this upgrade
Go grab it! And let us know how it goes for you!