Having a bit of Holiday self-gifting jitters? Do you spoil yourself a bit and get that new phone, or are the rumors of an upcoming device too tempting? If you’re in the UK, and interested in the G Flex, there is good news. EE is offering preview of the device in certain stores, a good two months ahead of launch.
Starting Friday, December 20, ten EE locations will have the G Flex. This is well in advance of the February 2014 launch the carrier is promising, and sets an interesting standard. Typically, phones aren’t in-store until they’re available to be purchased. If you’re curious, these are the ten stores which will have the device:
- London – Westfield Shopping Centre, Stratford E20 1EH
- London – Westfield Shopping Centre, White City W12 7GG
- London – 155/157 Oxford Street, W1D 2JH
- Kent – Bluewater Shopping Centre, DA9 9ST
- Nottingham – 16 Clumber Street, NG1 3GA
- Manchester – The Trafford Centre, M17 8AP
- Brighton – 209-210 Western Road, BN1 2BA
- Cambridge – 40-41 Lions Yard, CB2 3NA
- Merry Hill – The Merryhill Centre, DY5 1QX
- Sheffield – Meadowhall Centre, S9 1EN
Sadly, no news of pricing was announced, leaving us in the lurch about how much this one will run EE customers. Thankfully, you can drop into a store and take a look at the device, rather than waiting it out. Also, it’s on display just before the Christmas holiday, giving you time to gift yourself a different device, if you see fit!
The G Flex is certain an interesting device, and offers some interesting tweaks, but we weren’t totally blown away by it. Adequate and solid, it seems much more like a living proof of concept than a finished product. Though if you’re finding it to your liking, at least you can visit it until it launches, UK fans!