AT&T Moto X users have an update that will begin rolling out as of today. This is a similar update to what we saw arriving for T-Mobile Moto X users back in September. Or in other words, AT&T Moto X users are getting an update that brings improvements for the camera and touchless controls. Users can sit back and wait for the notification to arrive, or head into the settings and grab it now.
Regardless of the path you take, the results will be the same. The camera portion of the update deals with auto-white balance and exposure and should also improve the speed when it comes to touch-to-focus.
- Enhanced camera auto-white balance performance and color accuracy.
- Improved exposure when taking photos outside or backlit, and improved clarity in low light.
- Faster touch-to-focus time and reduced unnecessary refocusing in low light or scenes with continuous motion.
The changelog also brings talk of “faster response and improved accuracy” when using Touchless Control. The ‘Ok, Google Now’ trigger has also seen some improvements that should mean the setup and training process will be easier moving forward. Other portions here deal with transferring content from an old phone, and a fine-tuning when it comes to finding a lost phone. Those last two items break down as follows;
- Enhanced transfer of content from old phone to new phone using Motorola Migrate.
- Fine-tuned feature that allows you to find phone when it is lost that sometimes prevented a lost phone from reporting its location.
Otherwise, as with any update you will want to make sure you are either plugged in, or have a decent amount of battery life remaining. AT&T suggests not starting unless you have at least 50 percent charge. Those who want the update now and have yet to get the notification can head to Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> System updates to get the process started. Those who have the notification only need to follow the on-device prompts.
Give we have now seen this update arrive for several carriers, it looks like Verizon Wireless users may be next up.