AT&T has announced the latest Kit Kat update. This time around Galaxy Note 3 users will be getting Android 4.4 and in a bit of good news — the update is set to begin today, March 27th. These updates tend to rollout in stages, which means you may, or may not be seeing a notification just yet.
Having said that, you can always head into the settings and check manually. You’ll want to go to Settings -> More -> About device to try and get the process started. AT&T suggests beginning the update process with at least 50 percent battery life, and otherwise, users can expect enhancements to the user interface, phone dialer app, focus and exposure and gallery app.
The changes to the user interface include everything from updated status and navigation bars to the full-screen immersive mode. Also included here is support for color emoji, stronger security, smarter power use and improvements in regards to closed captioning support.
Once the update has been installed users will also be able to set a default messaging app, and can expect improved GPS performance. The remaining items for this update are as follows;
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.