The Archos 5 just received an update to OpenGL 2.0.15. This update brings with it a drastic improvement in gaming. There is a video demo of its results after the break. Yes, this device is still running on Android 1.6, for those of you that are curious.
All you Archos 5 owners can now enjoy most of the new 3D games that are available for Android. The best thing about this update is you can go download it now. There’s no need to wait for an OTA to be pushed to you tablet.
The second version 2.0.15, 3D-accelerated OpenGL, offers in addition the following improvements:
– Display : add accelerated 3D openGL support Display: add OpenGL accelerated 3D support
– Fullscreen : add statusbar notification when an application is requesting fullscreen with ability to enable fullscreen for this application. Fullscreen: add statusbar notification When applying year IS Requesting fullscreen with flexible loan to enable fullscreen for this application. Fullscreen enabling/disabling can be performed through power menu (on long power button press). Fullscreen Enabling / disabling can Be Performed power-through menu (on long press power button).
– Archos media center : faster display Archos media center: faster display
– Thinkfree : v2.0 with full edit features Thinkfree: v2.0 with full edit features
– Thinkfree : can now be un-installed by user. Thinkfree: can now Be-installed by a user. Note that sometimes during this process an invalid shortcut might remain on the home screen. Note That DURING Sometimes this process an invalid shortcut Might intransitive the home screen. If this happens this shortcut can be removed by a long press and drag towards tray trash icon. If This Happens this shortcut can Be Removed by long press and drag trash Towards tray icon.
– Display : add transparency to notification tray background Display: add transparency to notification tray background