The Galaxy S by Samsung has been overshadowed by the announcement of the HTC EVO 4G by Sprint. Since then Samsung has released their presentation from this year’s CTIA. Also, they folks at androidcentral were lucky enough to get some hands on time with this beautiful yet powerful handset.
Like a few other Android devices, this one features a new UI by Samsung called Life Smart. This Ui is a remake of their TouchWiz interface and features a few improvements that you will see in the video.
The Galaxy S specs:
• Android 2.1,
• 4″ Super AMOLED (which is 20% brighter and eliminates 80% of sunlight glare),
• Social Hub,
• 16 GB internal storage plus MicroSD capability
• Document Editor
• Remote Controller for Samsung TVs
• Google Maps Navigation with Voice search and turn-by-turn (as well as real-time traffic updates)
• Daily Briefing, a way to view your favorite widgets and info on one page
• Wireless tethering (the presentation led me to believe that it broadcasts its own MiFi, instead of tethering via Bluetooth)
• HD Movie Recording
• Layar Augmented Reality Browser
• allshare via DLNA