Huawei Ascend P2 image leak highlights the water resistance

February 11, 2013
3

Huawei Ascend P2 leaks are not all that surprising at this point. After all, we have seen several including some in image form in the recent weeks. It looks like we now have one additional to check out before an official announcement. This latest is coming by way of the Chinese language cnBeta.com website and is showing the water-resistant aspect of the device.

In addition to the image, we also have some details in terms of the certification. Based on the details we are seeing, the Ascend P2 will have the IP54 certification which means it will be dust- and water-resistant. This is opposed to the IP67 certification which means the device would be dust- and water-proof. Just for comparison sake, the Ascend D2 has the IP67 certification.

With the IP54 certification, Ascend P2 users will not have to worry about splashes and even some rain, however a submersion in water will not be possible without worry of damage. Otherwise, aside from the image and the certification details, we are still looking toward earlier rumors for the specs. The Ascend P2 should arrive with a 4.7-inch display at 1080p, quad-core 1.8GHz processor and running Jelly Bean.

Remaining (still rumored) specs look to include 2GB of RAM, 8/16GB of internal storage space, a 3000 mAh battery and 13 megapixel rear-facing camera. Specs and details aside, we are still looking toward Mobile World Congress for an official announcement. The conference will take place towards the end of this month and Android Community will be on site.

[via Unwired View]


Recent Stories
  • JCB

    “leak highlights the water resistance”. Are you sure this is right?

  • SCL

    I suppose whoever got the news might be using google translate…
    As a native chinese reader, i went to read the original post from cnBeta.com

    The mobile in the picture is actually Ascend D2.
    The reference to P2 is referring to the P2’s reflection on the Ascend D2’s screen in the picture…

    The original post was saying that Ascend D2 was deisgned with IP67 in mind, however due to technical difficulties present in making a metallic housing IP67 compliant, it is only rated as IP54, however it mentions that 70% of the final product should be “water proof” while the remaining 30% wont meet the ip67 requirements.

  • SCL

    I suppose whoever got the news might be using google translate…
    As a native chinese reader, i went to read the original post from cnBeta.com

    The mobile in the picture is actually Ascend D2.
    The reference to P2 is referring to the P2’s reflection on the Ascend D2’s screen in the picture…

    The
    original post was saying that Ascend D2 was deisgned with IP67 in mind,
    however due to technical difficulties present in making a metallic
    housing IP67 compliant, it is only rated as IP54, however it mentions
    that 70% of the final product should be “water proof” while the
    remaining 30% wont meet the ip67 requirements.