GWVectra has incorporated Android into this unit dubbed, "In-Vehicle Computing Platform" or ICP. This in-dash unit is capable of running Android apps right from the dashboard of your vehicle.
It combines data processing, communications, Android user interface, peripheral controls giving users access to new dimension of applications. It also has GPS,GSM, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, Touch Screen and Finger print capabilities. Their goal is for this to replace In Car Entertainment Units that today's cars are equipped with.
- GWVectra fits into exiting DIN standard audio bays
- Builds the eco system of third party applications for cars
- Delivers new levels of personalization of the car
- Enhances passenger comfort
- Enabling new internet and voice services to the passengers
- Aims at brining Next Generation Assisted Navigation
- Will support commerce on the move