Bang Bang Racing THD is a fantastic looking top view racing game coming to Tegra 2 android devices, after reading more about it and watching the video (below) I must say I am pretty excited to get my hands on it. According to the twitter accounts of both @NvidiaTegra and the developers of the game @BBR_THD it will be released to the Android Market and on TegraZone starting tomorrow, May 6th. I will be getting it as soon as that happens, don't worry.
According to the developers Playbox BBR THD is A home console racing experience designed and optimized for NVIDIA® Tegra™-powered mobile devices, and they even mention only the Tegra 2 has the power they require. It has given them the power to completely port this classic game from the console version that is on the PS3 to android devices without ANY loss in quality, they say the touch controls make it even better. Before I say any more, or talk about the great graphics or 8 stunning tracks to race on I'll just show you all the preview to get you excited.
From the video you just saw above it looks a bit like the popular game Reckless Racing, only better in just about every way. With stunning graphics, huge tracks with little shortcuts all over the place, barrels of oil, flames and explosions going off. Looks pretty engaging to me. Those will probably be some of its stronger points, not to mention the cars look way better than anything we have seen. They are like little Hot Wheels from back in my childhood days, but on steroids. Playbox has been around for more than a few years and have made some amazing games for xbox and PS3 so I am pretty confident that this will be a great release for Android Tegra 2 phones and tablets. My Xoom can hardly wait.
Bang Bang Racing
A home console racing experience designed and optimized for NVIDIA® Tegra™-powered mobile devices and which utilizes NVIDIA® PhysX™ technology.
Bang Bang Racing THD is a fun, action-packed racing game that has cool visuals and pumped-up sports cars. But underneath its playful exterior, it has the pumping heart of a true racing game. Real-time dynamic physics allow for finesse and control – drifting through corners and clipping every apex delivers huge player satisfaction.
The game also features a unique control system allowing you to simply point where you want the car to go, as if you are drawing a racing line for the car to follow.
* A brand new IP giving you an exclusive home console experience for your mobile device.
* 8 stunning tracks based on world-wide locations.
* 4 Racing classes including: Muscle based “N-Dura”, Sports style “Evo GT”, ALPS based “Protech” and open wheel style “Apex”.
* 20 cars in total with each car having its own handling model and selection of skins.
* Dynamic objects including exploding water, oil and fire barrels, as well as cones and tyres.
* The game also features, single race, time trial, championship and reverse track modes.
* In-depth unlockable achievements and leaderboard’s using Openfeint that lets you see where you rank amongst friend and foes globally.
Only Tegra 2 has given us the power to deliver our original IP from Playstation 3 to mobile devices without any loss in quality in fact the touch controls we have incorporated has made it more accessible than ever.