The CyanogenMod cLock widget was released for all Android handsets running 4.2 or later a few weeks back. At the time that widget was available by way of the xda-developers forums and could be side loaded onto your device. Well, flash forward to the present day and it looks like users are now able to grab the app directly from the Play Store.
Those looking for the app will have to search for Chronus, which just so happens to have been the original name of the app. Coming by way of his Google+ page, the developer, David van Tonder spoke about how the functionally is the same as the CyanogenMod cLock widget. Simply put, that means Chronus is a highly customizable clock widget.
One change from the earlier release comes with device support. This Play Store release of Chronus supports Android 4.1 or later. Those using the app on Android 4.1 will be able to add the widget on a homescreen and those running 4.2 will have the option to run the widget on a homescreen and/or lockscreen. That being said, the feature list of the app includes the following;
- Select between Analog or Digital clock panel and customize the look and feel
- Choose whether to show Alarms
- Change font bold/normal in Digital Clock, Date and Alarm
- AM/PM indicator for 12 hour clock
- Weather panel with Yahoo! weather
- Color or Monochrome weather icons
- Minimized weather widget support (especially handy on lock screen)
- Calendar panel showing a scrollable list of upcoming events
- Tapping event opens calendar at selected event
- Taping calendar icon opens Calendar at today’s date
- Change the font color of all text in all panels
- Configure widget when adding or from the Chronus app in the app drawer
- Highlight upcoming calendar events with custom colors and font bolding
As of now Chronus is available for free, however it looks like there is an additional version coming later in the year. The developer has said that a “pro” version will be coming sometime during Q4 and that it will bring “additional features and customizations.” As you can see from the above list, the current version is feature rich. So far though, no hints as to what those additional features may be.
VIA: Google Play Store