Chris Lacy, developer of Action Launcher, continues to keep his commitment to make sure Action Launcher 3 – one of the most popular launchers in Android, if you didn’t know – is updated up to the hilt. The developer has just rolled out his December update, and a bunch of new features are making its way to the launcher.
First up, Action Launcher 3 will now be featuring “unread” badges, which basically means that for apps that support these, you will now be able to see the number of unread elements in that app. For now, this is supported in the core apps like SMS, Phone, Calendar and Gmail. Hopefully this feature will roll out to popular social media apps too, like Facebook and Twitter.
Here are some of the other new features in the December update:
• NEW: Initial unread badge support (‘Alpha’).
• NEW: Fully customize the appearance of unread badges.
• NEW: A new “Round (exclude white plates)” icon style. Use Android 7.1’s round icons, but only if they do not look like an “icon on a plate”!
• NEW: Quickpage, a fully customizable home screen panel accessible from the right screen edge, is no longer a Plus only feature and is available for all users.
• NEW: Quicktheme support for customizing dock separator color.
• NEW: Move all dock related settings to their own group in the settings.
• NEW: Line style dock separator.
• NEW: Can use up to five scrolling dock pages.
• NEW: Option for infinite home screen scrolling.
• NEW: Layout/settings are backed up via Android’s automatic daily backups (requires Android 6.0 or later).
• NEW: Add 2017 Supporter Badge. It is a one-off, non-recurring and entirely optional in-app purchase that customers can opt make.
If you have not installed Action Launcher 3 yet, grab it from the download link below. You can also update the app (if you have it installed) via the same link. Enjoy!