Verizon Wireless has detailed the latest Galaxy Note II software update. This update will bring the device up to Android 4.1.2, which brings with it "several" security related patches. The changelog is on the long side and details several device enhancements as well as application improvements and even the removal of a previously pre-installed app.
With that, aside from Android 4.1.2, this update will leave your Galaxy Note II sitting with baseband I605VRAMC3 and build number JZO54K.I605VRAMC3. The update is available over the air and measures in at 246.5MB in size. Beginning first with the app related changes. Here we have the removal of Zappos and improvements to the following; VZ Navigator, SMS text messaging, Backup Assistant Plus, Exchange Active Sync (EAS) email, ISIS Mobile Wallet and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Shifting away from the apps, Verizon has what they deemed "key device enhancements." With these, you will now have a snooze option in the Alarm Clock app that is set to "on" by default, a search or filter by name option in the dialer and the ability to download images using the Enterprise Exchange email. Another item that will likely be good for fans of the Multi-Window feature -- app support has been increased and now includes; YouTube, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Kindle, Viewdini, Google Maps and Talk. The remaining changes here include the following;
- *Download ring back tones through VZTones version 5.1.2 preloaded application
- *Access downloaded languages on the Samsung keyboard
- *All Alarm Clock options are now viewable without the need to press the “more” button
- *Added a Notification Panel editing menu under Display Settings
- *Transfer content from your old device seamlessly with the Samsung Smart Switch application, now supported
Some of the other items coming with this update include support for IPV6 end-to-end support in the Mobile Hotspot app, the removal of duplicate calendar sync events with applications such as Facebook and a fix for the over-sized text in S-Note when the phone is rotated to landscape mode. Otherwise, remaining items mentioned in the changelog include the following;
- *User is now notified when device is in airplane mode: “Outlook cannot send e-mail while in airplane mode. Email will be saved to Outbox.”
- *Back Up Assistant Plus now supports a setting to select the auto-back up time
- *Group Cast preloaded application name has been renamed to Group Play
[via Verizon Wireless]