Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat had been rolling out to the WiFi only model of the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, and as of today there is some news from Verizon. The carrier has posted the full changelog for the update and also let users know this would be rolling out in phases starting today.
This update will have the tablet bumped to software version KOTH49H.P605VVRUCNC2. More important though -- the update contains Android 4.4. Kit Kat along with several other "device enhancements." On the Kit Kat side this means users can expect goodies such as immersive mode for full-screen viewing, faster multi-tasking and a multi-user mode.
- Multi-User Mode allows you to create user accounts and permissions for others to set up and customize their apps, wallpaper and so on
- Print services for HP ePrint, Google Cloud Print and other printers in the Google Play Store
The list of enhancements deal with S-Note, Chrome and Setup Wizard as well as s few more that are more security oriented. The first few break down as follows;
- Delay in opening S-Note file from Home screen widget fixed
- Tab bar in portrait mode flicker issue in Google Chrome fixed
- Fixed Google Account sign in error during Setup Wizard
The final pieces bring fixes for incorrect PIN and password attempts when unlocking the tablet, and for erasing the SD memory card. Specifically, this fixed an issue where decryption password failure did not erase the memory card. Anyway, Verizon has said this will be rolling out in phases so that means you should simply keep an eye out for a notification.