Thumbplay music is a popular service already available for BlackBerry users, now it looks to expand by added support for Android. It’s a cloud-based subscription music service that plays unlimited on-demand listening to over 8 million tracks from some of the top artist in music.
Thumbplay Music includes its own in-app media player and boasts several compelling features, including:
* Unlimited, on-demand access to any artist or album; millions of songs to choose from
* Build a personal music collection with Favorites and effortless Playlist creation; auto-sync between smartphone and PC/Mac
* Online and offline access: No connection? No problem! Listen to music on the subway or in-flight. Available anytime, anywhere. (Offline access currently only available on BlackBerry devices; coming soon for Android.)
* Playlist Genie for music discovery: Instantly generate customized recommendations from favorite songs
* Search: Find music by artist, song, album or genre; includes free previews of all songs
* Import existing iTunes® playlists within Thumbplay Music’s companion desktop app. With a few clicks, recreate iTunes playlists and have them available on smartphone and PC/Mac.
* Free, “no strings attached” three-day trial; subscriptions are then available for $9.99/month.
This is the first app that I know of that off iTunes integration. So if that was one of your reasons for not getting Android devices, that’s now gone. The subscription is close to all the other streaming music apps out there so go try it out and see how you like it.