- The device is fairly quick to startup compared to other HTC devices.
- It is very light considering what's inside.
- The slide out keyboard works well and doesn't have a flimsy feel to it.
- The Android Market works just as well as the iPhone's App Store.
- There are already a lot of useful apps to download from the Android Market, including a free ringtone maker.
- The earpiece is fairly clear when making and receiving calls, you hear absolutely no static.
- The speaker is relatively loud compared to other HTC devices.
- The G1 has a big memory leak somewhere, and has to be restarted in order to get it running smoothly again.
- The battery charger makes the bottom of the phone extremely hot.
- No virtual QWERTY keyboard included.
- The phone doesn't run as smoothly as you would think, programs sometimes stutter trying to start up.
- There is no folder system like that found on other HTC devices: finding your files requires you to search around in one of the various programs associated with the file type you're trying to view.
- Video playback is very limited. The G1 would not play .mpg or .wmv files which are pretty much the standard when it comes to videos downloaded off the net.
Given the great anticipation and the heavy pre-sale demand for the T-Mobile G1 with Google, we nearly tripled the number of phones initially available for delivery on our Oct. 22 launch date, and have sold through them all. However, to accommodate additional T-Mobile customers who want to pre-order a device, they now have the opportunity to place a pre-order through Oct. 21, for delivery at a later date.
Also, people can still pre-register on the T-Mobile G1 Web site to be notified prior to launch where they can purchase the device beginning Oct. 22. Details are available on the T-Mobile G1 Web site, www.T-MobileG1.com.UPDATE: T-Mobile customers who want to pre-order a device, they now have the opportunity to place a pre-order through Oct. 21, for delivery sometime in early November 10th time frame. Thanks Kristen, T-Mobile Spokesperson