Google Music it was recently renamed Google Play Music along with the Google Play Store. While the average user wont run into some of the below issues, many of the die-hard Android users (and there are plenty) will have them, and hopefully Google can make some changes moving forward.
Tagged: streaming music
Spotify and Pandora. According to new details revealed by GigaOM, HTC and Beats Audio co-founder Jimmy Lovine are planning their own Beats-powered music streaming service for HTC smartphones and tablets.
Rhapsody that is now available on Android, Google TV and many other devices has just launched their latest update for Android. Starting today users can stream in style with a brand new, fully redesigned and imagined Android tablet interface. It's not just re-sized for a tablet, it has been full on designed specifically for tablets and looks great.
DROID RAZR and the MotoACTV, Motorola CEO Sanjay Jah demoed the company's new MotoCast app and service to the tech world in New York City today. The service is pretty straightforward streaming/remote access software that will be included on the DROID RAZR and probably future Motorola phones as well. Jha demonstrated it downloading music and displaying remote photos from a remote computer while on the wireless network.
Spotify for Android has been updated, with the new version being quicker to load, having a tweaked UI and reducing its demands on battery. The tweaked app also now allows users to choose which storage device to keep cached tracks on, for Android devices with more than one memory card; music sync over WiFi is also said to be improved. There are also fixes for voice search and missing cover art, along with how audio restarts after phone calls. Devices with dedicated media buttons are also supported in v0.4.9 too. The Spotify app for Android is, as before, a free download. However you'll need a premium account with the service in order to actually use it when mobile.
- Ability to choose storage location on devices with more than one memory card.
- Changes to user interface.
- Reduced startup time.
- Improved battery life when using Spotify.
- Volume control now always controls media volume, even if music is not playing.
- Support for media buttons and audio focus APIs introduced in Froyo.
- Much improved music syncing over WiFi.
- Voice search now works properly when in Spotify.
- Scrobbling issues have been fixed.
- Bug causing missing cover art for local files has been fixed.
- Failing to sync with locked screen has been fixed.
- Music starting by itself after a phone call has been fixed.
- Many other stability and performance improvements.