EVO 4G LTE has been given the stamp of approval by the International Trade Commission, and is now cleared from US Customs. The high-end phone will be resuming its planned activities later this week, and is scheduled to begin its journey of freedom on Thursday, May 24th. The EVO 4G LTE said it was happy to clear its name, but will still fight to get its brother the AT&T One X out of the slammer.
International Trade Commission is checking them for patent ruling compliance. Unfortunately HTC didn't say which devices were getting through, or how many.
International Trade Commission's customs embargo to lift. According to TmoNews, customers who ordered an HTC Amaze 4G online are being told that due to "an unforeseen issue with receiving the product from the manufacturer", their phones are being indefinitely delayed. The delay is serious enough that T-Mobile recommends going with another phone entirely.
International Trade Commission file levied against HTC phones for violating one of Apple's software patents? You know, the one that HTC complied with by disabling some of the native functionality of its phones? Yeah, it's back. An HTC official reported that shipments of the AT&T HTC One X and the HTC EVO 4G LTE are being stopped at US customs, and reports indicate that the inspections are to verify that the phones are complying with the ITC's ruling in December.
Project Glass demonstration video is the stuff of dreams, in both a literal and figurative sense. Speaking with CNET, a spokesperson admitted that the augmented reality, full vision overlay seen in the project's most visible demonstration thus far isn't quite what the real thing looks like. It's being described as floating "above" the user's line of vision, about the same place where you'd normally see the edge of an umbrella or hat brim.
Oracle's massive copyright and patent case against Google, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that the jury has stated that Google infringed upon Oracle's copyrighted code in the manner of 37 Java APIs used in Android. The good news is that they couldn't agree on whether these APIs consist of fair use, since they're openly published for the benefit of Java developers.
Oracle vs Google lawsuits might finally be coming to and end here shortly, or have at least reach some sort of verdict. After reports yesterday that the jury was struggling to agree on a verdict new reports today are claiming they've finally come to terms on all arguments but one. Read on below for further details as they become available right from the courtroom.
patent suit that Microsoft lobbed at Barnes & Noble a corporate romance bloomed. Now the Redmond software giant has invested a whopping $300 million into the bookseller's newly formed digital and college division, which will almost certainly take over the growing Nook e-reader business. Microsoft will own 17.6% of the unnamed subsidiary, with Barnes & Noble owning the other 82.4% (virtual value: $1.4 billion).
Forbes. The patent shows a clamshell design not dissimilar to the Sony Tablet P, but using a larger, flatter form factor that's more like a traditional laptop in shape. Also of note is a removable controller/pointer that slides into a slot along the hinge.