adaptable Android tablet. The latest hack comes from CM7 Developer "Kmoobs" who managed to bring bluetooth capability to it through CM7 Nightly for Encore which takes advantage of the hidden bluetooth capability of the NookColor's WiFi chip. The capability is turned off in the software and CM7 Nightly for Encore re-enables it.
Barnes & Noble have updated the NOOK for Android app. Not the actual NOOKcolor but the Nook app in the Android Market. Not to be confused with the actual NOOK device. Nook for Android has been updated to v2.5 and along with it came some much welcomed changes, read below to find out more. For those interested in the NOOKcolor. Read this to see the NOOKcolor Receive Android 3.0 Honeycomb.
wide open. When open, this ereader becomes more of a fabulous looking, nicely sized, fully functional Android tablet. What's all this got to do with shipments?
has released a new firmware update for the NOOKcolor ereader. v1.1.1 mainly consists of tweaks and bugfixes, but those using the 7-inch slate primarily as a tablet will likely be pleased by the addition of pinch-zooming support in the browser. The full changelist is below, and you can download the update here.
NOOKcolor Ver1.1.0 update contains enhancements to improve the overall performance, including:[via Gear Diary]
- Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
- Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
- Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children's books.
- Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new default browser home page.
- Reduce mistyped passwords with "show password" option during registration and Wi-Fi set up.
- Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to the titles in Shop.
- General bug fixes and performance improvements.
(see those posts here,) I thought she was an OK reader, but she had a lot of potential that was going to waste. Sure enough not 2 days after I sent the NC back through the mail (I was only borrowing it, after all,) we get news that it's been ROOTED. From there, it was a fantasyland of apps, workarounds, ROMs, everything you could want. Except for one thing. Noone had overclocked it, not even a little bit. Well that's changed, and it's changed today.