New Nexus 7 vs iPad mini: Price says it all

If you've been debating the purchase of a new small form factor tablet lately, Google just unveiled a brand new option that is probably your best bet. As you all know Google just dropped the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean powered Nexus 7 on the world, and it comes at a great price. While we're not the biggest fans of these types of comparisons, we're sure a few wouldn't mind a quick rundown.

Gartner: Tablet shipments to pass 200 million units in 2013

At the expense of the PC market, tablets will continue to see an increase of sales and shipments this year and pass the 200 million mark. At least according to the well-known research firm Gartner. With 2012 being a strong year for the tablet, this year is looking even better with shipments looking to increase 68%. At the same time PC's are on a decline and are expected to drop 10% or more.

IDC: Android tablets will overtake the iPad in 2013

We have seen plenty coming from the International Data Corp (IDC) over the past few months in terms of smartphones, however today we have some details on tablets. Specifically, on Android tablets as compared to the iPad. Basically, the IDC is forecasting that Android tablets will overtake the iPad market share in 2013. This comes as a result of what they are describing as a "predicted surge of smaller, lower-priced devices."

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 takes aim at iPad mini

The past week or so we've been hearing quite a lot regarding Samsung's upcoming tablet plan to kick off 2013. The Galaxy Note 8.0 is what we are talking about of course. Multiple tips, leaks, and rumors have surfaced showing a device in the works that is clearly aimed at taking on Apple's popular iPad mini. While many think the iPad mini was an answer to the Nexus 7, Samsung still plans to fight tooth and nail for the space.

Apple’s iPad Mini announcement sees Nexus 7 taking center stage

As many of you already know, today was the day the world finally received that long-awaited iPad Mini reveal. When Apple announced the new bite-sized iPad, it did so by comparing the iPad Mini to the immensely popular Google Nexus 7. Right off the bat, we can tell that Apple perceives the Nexus 7 as the biggest competitor to the iPad Mini, and anyone who owns a Nexus 7 knows that there's good reason for that.

Nexus 7 poised to take on the iPad Mini

It's no secret that the folks from Apple are likely set to announce their new iPad Mini next week, then release it in the following days. The battle is really going to heat up in the tablet wars once this happens, but Google doesn't need to worry. With the info leaked all week on the Nexus 7's imminent future, even with a 3G capable iPad Mini on Apple's side, Google will have all their bases covered for this holiday season.

Android could overtake Apple in tablets with Kindle Fire leading the charge

It was not long ago that Apple's lead in the tablet market was so dominate that it seemed insurmountable. In fact, only a year ago, they had a staggering 81% of the tablet market share. Move forward to today, and experts suggest that they only have 52% of the market. That leaves Android-based tablets with 48% of the market, at least according to Pew's report. The Kindle Fire is clearly leading the charge when it comes to insane growth for Android-based tablets. Of that claimed 48%, 21% of them are Kindle Fires. This only stands to reason as the Fire just lowered their base model to $159. Amazon also just rolled out their new HD models starting at $199. In terms of pricing, it is hard for consumers to resist. 52% plus 48% equals 100% of the market, which leaves no room for other tablet operating systems. One would assume that Blackberry might at least have a small percentage of the market, but perhaps I am overestimating their popularity. Either way, this is great news for Android and not so great for Apple. Android owners use their tablets less than iPad owners though. iPad owners tend to use their devices to follow news much more than Android owners, who tend to use their devices more for following the latest happenings on their social networks. Still, if this trend continues, it should not be long before Android is the leader in tablet operating systems. [via Forbes]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9