Just over a month after we got our eyes on the last Verizon roadmap for future devices, we now have new details regarding their current plans for future device launches on the carrier. Since the last roadmap we see that some devices have been canceled, some have been delayed, some have been added, and some we have yet to hear further word on. Check out for the full line-up of Android phones coming to Verizon in the next few months after the break.
Samsung Continuum (SCH-i400)
- This is the dual-screen Galaxy S phone that was leaked earlier this week. It’s new processor, running under the code name “Garnett,” will be shipping in the device and clocked at 1GHz. We have not heard much else about this device so it’s probably still in the early stages of testing, expected to launch sometime in late October, and possibly November if things get further delayed.
- The Motorola Venus is rumored to be the BlackBerry style Droid that we have seen as far back as July. The tipster to Engadget even claims it as being very similar to a BlackBerry with a “BlackBerry look and feel.” This device will feature a full QWERTY keyboard, 1 GHz TI OMAP3 CPU, and GSM and CDMA radios.
Motorola Droid Pro
- Finally a name for what we have been referring to as the Droid 2 World Edition. This may be the phone that will replace the Droid 2 making it standard as we have heard and will feature a 1.2-1.3 GHz processor. With shots and so much information we can definitely expect this by the end of October.
- Just as we saw a few days ago, Verizon is getting their own version of the Desire Z naming it the HTC Merge. The device has identical specs to the Desire Z and G2 and should be hitting shelves in October as well.
LG enV Pro (with Android)
- the enV pro will be a uniquely designed clamshell device with dual screens, global radio, and a 1 GHz processor. This is probably the same device that was hinted as the LG enV Touch 2. Following LG’s habit of including NVIDIA Tegra 2 processors in their high-end phones, it’s likely we will see dual-core in the evV Pro.
Motorola Droid (Tegra 2)
- With very little information on the upcoming Droid from Verizon and Motorola we can only assume it’s going to be a new device and not an update of the Droid 2 when it ships in December.
- This is the Motorola tablet that we have been hearing about for quite some time now. Engadget has claimed that it will feature a 10-inch display, Tegra 2 processor, 16GB internal storage, and will be running Android 3.0 when it launches in early 2011. The tablet will launch with only 3G support but an LTE modem will be provided later in the year by Motorola.
So that’s what is coming to Verizon in the next couple of months. Thoughts? Expectations? Let us know in the comments section!