Xperia X10. The Xperia X10 was originally launched on Android 1.6 and the wait for a newer version of Android was a long road if you were waiting for an official release. It took until the end of May of this year for the X10 to get Android 2.1 and 2.3 has been around for a while, but we are now seeing what looks to be an official version running on the Xperia X10.
Tagged: Ericsson xperia X10
ten days ago I believe it was, when we learned news of a stopping of updates for the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 beyond 2.1, that means no Froyo for you. Sony's reasoning back then was that they'd believed, or decided, that the current Xperia range was better on Android 2.1 "coupled with Sony Ericsson's proprietary upgrades and unique hardware." Turns out that statement lead to a slightly more loaded one that most people missed.
UK retailer Play, but apparently some other stores have their hands on it already.
Best Buy’s getting in the mood for a wintery season ahead with the addition of Samsung's Fascinate and Ericsson's Xperia X10, both in white. Dell Streak is also coming to Best Buy soon, as all three devices will be available October 24. Best Buy has already begun taking pre orders for all three devices. All you need is $50 and you'll be added to the list to get your hands on one of these devices in eleven days.
has confirmed that the Android 2.1 update for the XPERIA X10 - which it had previously promised would be released sometime this month - has been delayed, and is now not expected to arrive until the end of October. The company claims to "have had to spend some additional time on the software to really makes sure we roll-out with the right quality and user experience," and will not only be upgrading the X10 but the smaller X10 mini and X10 mini pro. The news comes as a blow to XPERIA users, whose phone was released with 1.6 at a time when rival handsets were already using Android 2.0 firmware. Meanwhile Sony Ericsson are warning that the roll-out will be phased, so it may take several weeks after the initial release before every device gets a bite of the Eclair.
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
- HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
- Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
- New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
- 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
- Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
- Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
- New backup and restore application with extended content back up
- Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
- Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1