Android Developer Challenge
Posts

  • Paypal X Developer Challenge for Android offers $50,000 in Prizes

    It’s back again, the Paypal X Developer Challenge. This time it is targeting everyone’s favorite mobile operating system, Android. The Paypal Developer Challenge is an event where they hold a contest for developers to

    March 3, 2011 • Views: 233

  • Car Locator Android App Makes $13,000 a Month

    Developer Edward Kim is undoubtedly pleased with his $13,000/month from the Car Locator app in the Android Market. He states that he made this app as a side project while vacationing with family. Not bad for a side project, this

    March 2, 2010 • Views: 512

  • Winners of the Android Developer Challenge 2 are Announced

    Yesterday, Google announced the winners of the Android Developer Challenge 2. The way this is done is by a combination of votes from Google-selected judges, who represent 60% of those votes. The rest, which is 40% of the votes,

    December 1, 2009 • Views: 223

  • JOYity brings mobile gaming into the real world

    JOYity has brought social based gaming to a whole new level with Android. JOYity uses GPS to help users play adventure-based games with other people in the real world like it has never been done before. JOYity is not one but

    October 27, 2008 • Views: 283

  • Android Community Week in Review – Week 43 2008

    Just before the launch of the T-Mobile G1 this week, Google decided to pull almost all of the applications in the Android Market. It turns out that they were pre-production applications that were only there for demo purposes

    October 26, 2008 • Views: 237

  • AndroidDevCamp 1 being held in Dallas

    Today an event called AndroidDevCamp is being held in Dallas Texas to help developers prepare for further developing for the Android platform. Developers will be able to learn from not one but two of the Android Developers

    October 25, 2008 • Views: 250

  • Android Market charging for apps in early 2009

    Today the Android Market was officially launched, as the Android Developers Blog reported. They wrote a lot about what is expected for developers in order to bring their applications to market. Developers will be able to upload

    October 23, 2008 • Views: 364

  • T-Mobile G1 hands-on: Award-Winning Android App feature ShopSavvy

    We had a little bit of time today to get an exclusive one on one time with the G1 for our Android Community members, at a special developers event held in Dallas. The company behind Google Application Challenge award winning app

    September 29, 2008 • Views: 580

  • Big in Japan wins again: $700k startup funding

    Big in Japan’s bank account will be receiving its second major deposit of the year, as the company secured $700,000 of startup funding from Architel, an IT infrastructure company that also offers investment in early-stage

    September 18, 2008 • Views: 231

  • Big in Japan Exclusive Video Interview

    Android Community had an invite to spend some time with developers Big in Japan, the team behind GoCart which was one of the ten apps to win $275,000 in Google’s Android Developer Challenge.  Ewdison Then, our resident

    September 12, 2008 • Views: 521