Swype is one of the best and most popular keyboard options for Android phones and tablets. Launched just under a year ago on Android devices, the company is already boasting some very popular accomplishments. In an email sent out from Swype's PR, we get details on some of these great milestones.
The feats include:
- Launched or announced for 20 devices across 50 countries including handsets such as the Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Droid, and the T-Mobile G2
- Expansion to tablets with the Samsung Galaxy Tab, coming this year to many countries, carriers and markets
- Swype has been preloaded on eight of the last 12 Android US devices
- Swype language support for 40 languages including:
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Malay, Russian, Finnish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Swedish, Serbian, Czech, Greek, Polish, Indonesian, Norwegian, Icelandic, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish and many more.
- Funding amounting to $6.6 million from Nokia Growth Partners, Samsung Ventures and DOCOMO Capital Inc, with 2% of the company set aside to fund disability research
- Two World Records set using Swype for the fastest text message on a touch screen mobile phone
We can only expect to see Swype's user base growing as it becomes more and more known among Android users.