Sprint has officially announced the HTC EVO View 4G, the CDMA/WiMAX version of the HTC Flyer revealed last month. Described by CEO Dan Hesse as "not faux-g, 4G", the tablet will have a 7-inch 1024 x 600 capacitive touchscreen, 1.5GHz single-core Snapdragon processor and front and rear cameras (5-megapixels on the back, 1.3-megapixels on the front).
There's also a mobile hotspot app that will be able to share the tablet's 4G connection with up to eight WiFi-connected devices, for an extra $29.99 per month on top of your voice and data package, along with DLNA support for streaming media to nearby HDTVs and other devices. On top of Android 2.4 Gingerbread is HTC's Sense UI, complete with integration with Evernote so that the EVO View 4G's digital stylus can be used to take handwritten notes and sync them into the cloud.
The HTC EVO View 4G will be one of 22 4G devices Sprint is promising to have in its line-up by this summer. The carrier is yet to confirm pricing, but the tablet will arrive this summer with 32GB of storage.
HTC EVO View 4G fact sheet:
Bringing the award-winning EVO experience to a tablet
HTC EVO View 4G™ brings the best of the EVO experience to a sleek, easy-to-carry tablet design. As the perfect combination e-reader, media player and portable computing device, HTC EVO View 4G offers a 7-inch 1024 x 600 touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom for a premium entertainment experience with HD-quality video and rich Web browsing experience. It features two cameras – a 5.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera. With integrated HD-video (720p) capture and the 4G speeds of HTC EVO View 4G, slow uploads and grainy video are a thing of the past. Using HTC Scribe Technology™, HTC EVO View 4G will offer a new way to interact with a tablet. HTC Scribe introduces the HTC Scribe™ digital pen (sold separately) to the tablet experience and unlocks new capabilities. When combined with Evernote™, a leading notes application and service, the user will have the ability to capture and make notes on Web pages, ebooks, PDF documents and more, in an easy and natural way.
· Android operating system
· HTC Scribe Technology enabling enhanced voice-synchronized note taking with the HTC Scribe digital pen using Timemark to capture the audio of a meeting at the same time as written notes
· Google mobile services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ with Navigation, Voice Actions and YouTube™
· Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
· 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
· Android Market™ for access to more than 150,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
· 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps
· 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps
· Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g/n)
· Integrated GPS
· Dual cameras – a 5.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera – HTC EVO View 4G unleashes the ability to create, stream and watch video or video chat with the Qik mobile app
· Blockbuster On Demand® to rent or purchase the hottest new releases on the same day they become available on Blu-ray and DVD
· Sprint Zone, Sprint Mobile Wallet, Sprint Football Live, Sprint Family Locator, Sprint Navigation and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
· Media player with 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
· Stereo Bluetooth 3.0
· 1.5GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® Processor
· Dimensions: 7.7 inches (195.4 mm) x 4.4 inches (112.5 mm) x 0.5 inches (13.2 mm)
· Weight: 14.88 ounces (421.84 grams)
· Display: 7-inch (177.8 mm), 1024 x 600 touchscreen display with pinch-to-zoom
· 32GB internal memory, 1GB RAM; microSD slot (supports up to 32GB memory card)
· Battery: 4000 mAh Lithium-ion battery