It's taken an age, but Sony Ericsson is finally releasing its Android 2.1 update for the XPERIA X10, XPERIA X10 mini and X10 mini pro. As of Sunday evening, the first updates notifications will begin to roll out in the Nordic countries, with availability spreading throughout November.
While the handsets themselves will alert users to the availability of the new software, it will need to be installed via the PC Companion software. Full change-list for the three XPERIA phones below.
• HD video recording with continuous auto-focus for high quality videos
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android 2.1
• New back up and restore application, with extended content back up
• 5 homescreens for apps, widgets, shortcuts and folders
• Social phonebook which automatically syncs contact pictures from Facebook and shows when your friends are online
Xperia X10 mini and X10 mini pro:
• Improved Bluetooth functionality with support for sending and receiving pictures, contacts and more
• New backup and restore application with extended content back up
• Automatic synchronization of your contact pictures between Facebook and your phone book
• Improved ways of handling pictures, audio, text and numbers in your messages
• Upgrade of the Android platform to Android platform 2.1