Today Samsung has finally announced what we all knew was coming. Canada (and probably the US too) will all get the Galaxy S III soon and most likely none will come with their quad-core processor. Instead all Canadian carriers will receive the Galaxy S III around June 20th and it will be rocking a dual-core processor instead, one that is capable of 4G LTE. More details and press release info after the break.
Samsung has confirmed they'll come equipped with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual-core S4 processor (Same as HTC One S), 4G LTE speeds, and just as rumors suggested -- 2 GB of RAM. Yes it appears that not only will some Japan models come with 2GB of RAM, but Canada and most like the US Galaxy S III's will all have 2GB of RAM. Whether that much is needed or not remains to be seen, and I'd love some benchmarks with that much RAM under the hood, but for now we'll just have to wait. Here's the official specs:
- Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Chipset
- OS (Shipping): ICS 4.0.4
- Data: LTE (SGH-i747 variation) and HSPA+ 42 (SGH-iT999 variation)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 133g
- Memory: 16/32GB internal memory (SGH-i747)/ 16GB internal memory (SGH-iT999)
- Expandable microSD up to 32GB
- Display: 4.8 HD Super AMOLED 1280×720 (306ppi)
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, MHL Video Out
- Camera: 8MP Rear-facing, 1.9MP Front-facing
- Battery: 2100 mAh
According to Droid-Life all Canadian carriers will have access on or after June 20th of the new flagship phone, which goes exactly along with previous reports. Everything else appears to be the same and hopefully by the end of June Samsung has fixed the problems with the Pebble Blue version, because that is what I want.