Well, not everything today has to do with the Google Nexus One, there is another important and great Android handset out there; the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. There are a lot of you that would love to get this Android phone made by Sony, guess what, you might get lucky.
Rogers Wireless has announced that they will be the exclusive Xperia X10 Canadian carrier. This also means they will be the first in North America to get this nice-looking Android smartphone. According to Andrea Gaal, General Manager of Sony Ericsson Canada: "This handset makes communications more fun and more playful while multiplying and enriching opportunities to connect.”
Below is the Press release so you can get more info on this great Sony device running on Google's free mobile OS:
• The Xperia™ X10 introduces an open and integrated world of social media, communication and entertainment
• New UX (user experience) platform lets consumers organize everything and discover more with one of the most open, human and intuitive user experiences yet
• Rogers Wireless becomes exclusive Xperia ™ X10 Canadian carrier and first in North America ; extends leadership in Android device lineup
Toronto , January 5, 2010 – Canadians will be among the first in the world to experience open and integrated social media, communication and entertainment with the launch of the Sony Ericsson Xperia ™ X10 phone, which will make its North American debut first in Canada , exclusively from Rogers . The Xperia ™ X10 is expected to be available in the second quarter 2010.
“At Rogers , we have built our legacy on innovation, bringing the most exciting and exclusive handsets first to customers in Canada ,” said John Boynton , Executive Vice President, Marketing, Rogers Communications. “We are thrilled to be the exclusive Canadian carrier to offer this phenomenal mobile entertainment device.”
“Building on our entertainment heritage, the Xperia ™ X10 underpins our commitment to an open and multi-platform strategy that maximizes choice for the consumer and delivers the best possible entertainment experience,” said Andrea Gaal, General Manager, Sony Ericsson Canada . “This handset makes communications more fun and more playful while multiplying and enriching opportunities to connect.”
Introducing signature applications like Sony Ericsson Mediascape and Timescape™, the Xperia™ X10 lets consumers organize everything in their phone and in an intuitive way:
• The Sony Ericsson Timescape™ application manages all your communication with one person in one place. Browse through your conversations and check out your Facebook™, Twitter™ and MySpace™ accounts 1 , photos, emails 1 , and texts 1 all in one seamless, easy to use interface
• Sony Ericsson Mediascape application is the smart way to get all the music, photos and videos you want from your favourite friends and artists. It accesses this content from just about everywhere – your phone or YouTube™ and Facebook™ services 1 and presents everything for you in an integrated way
Intelligence capabilities, integrated into Sony Ericsson Mediascape and Timescape™ applications, automatically recognizes connections between contacts, content and media. By recommending alternative ways to communicate or guiding to new media experiences, consumers can discover more in a truly open way. For example:
• Pressing the new “infinite button” guides you through the connected world, aggregating all your interactions with one person into one view
• Intelligent face recognition features recognize up to five faces in any picture, automatically connecting them with your social phonebook and all other related communications with that person. The X10 also features an 8.1 megapixel camera including 16X digital zoom.
The UX platform builds on top of the Open OS (Android) and creates a unique Sony Ericsson user experience by combining best-in-class entertainment features with signature applications, unrivalled integration of social media services and a rich graphical user interface. The Xperia™ X10 phone is the first mobile phone to truly humanize the way people interact with their phones.
Sony Ericsson's open approach gives consumers maximum choice. Xperia X10 users can download any application they want directly from Android Market, creating an experience that is entirely unique to them.