Philips recently launched a pair of new Android smartphones in China. The new mobile devices boast of a special technology that reduces eye strain. Both the Philips Sapphire Life V787 and Sapphire S616 feature SoftBlue that makes anti-blue screen by reducing by 86% the blue lights emitted. You may not notice or admit it but high brightness actually cause eye strain. Not many phones tackle this but good thing the new Philips phones have it.
The smaller Philips Sapphire Life V787 features a 5-inch Full HD screen, 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6753 octa-core chipset, 2GB RAM, 16GB of built-in storage, MicroSD card slot for memory expansion, dual SIM capacity, 4G/LTE connectivity, 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and Phase Detection Auto Focus, 5MP front-shooter with wide-angle lens, and an impressive 5,000mAh battery. Battery life can last up to 47 hours with the help of Xenium technology--Philip's own patented battery performance-boosting feature.
The Sapphire S616 has the exact same specs except that its bigger 5.5-inch screen is IPS and battery is only 3,000 mAh. The two devices already run Android 5.1 Lollipop topped by a special user interface by Philip.
The new Philips Android smartphones are described to be "less harmful", thanks to the SoftBlue anti-harmful features. The pair will be readily available this November. The Sapphire S616 will cost 1,399 Yuan ($222) in China. No word on Sapphire Life V787's pricing yet but it should be a bit more expensive because of the battery and screen upgrade.
PHILIPS Sapphire S616/Sapphire Life V787 specifications:
• OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop
• Processor: 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6753 octa-core processor, Mali-T720 GPU
• Display: 1920 x 1080, 5.5-inch IPS LCD (Sapphire S616); smaller 5.0-inch with 441 ppi (Sapphire Life V787)
• Dimension: 143.1 mm x 71.8 mm x 9.7 mm, 159 grams
• Battery: removable 3,000mAh (Sapphire S616), 5,000 mAh (Sapphire Life V787)
• RAM: 2GB
• 16GB built-in storage
• 13MP camera with dual LED flash / with Xenium technology (Sapphire Life V787)
• 5MP Front Camera
• Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, 3G, 4G LTE
VIA: PHONE RADAR