What do we have here? I just got done mentioning that the Droid 2 got a 2.3 Gingerbread leak, and before I could finish the story I got word about some other even more exciting news. The Motorola Droid X is getting a very similar, if not the same leak. I'm assuming this will be bigger as more people have the Droid X. It is a sweet phone. Anyways lets skip the fun and get right to it.
This is an official build of Android 2.3.3 for the Motorola Droid X and Droid 2. Leaked by someone from Motorola or Verizon we are assuming. This leak is coming to you from the wonderful guys over at TeamBlackHat. Mydroidworld has both these leaks up right now. Also the file was originally only available for those that have the paid TBH app, but it is now available at the forums and I'll post all the download mirrors below.
So yea, instead of showing you cool things like this Gingerbread "Port" for the Droid X/2, I'll just get right down to business here again and post all the instructions and download mirrors for the leaked official build of Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread for the Droid X below. Don't take my word for it, I hear the 2.3.3 MotoBlur is actually really nice and mature feeling. So enjoy it.
1. Download this file from the TBH app or one of the mirrors below
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into recovery. Droid X Bootstrap by Koush
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware)
4. Install the Firmware using recovery
1. select install zip from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded
5. Restart phone
If your phone bootloops you need to enter recovery and wipe data:
1. hold down power and home.
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset ---press power button to select
4, reboot system
Note: As we always say, Use extreme caution while flashing or doing anything with your Android phone. You may break, or brick your device if you do not do things correctly or follow ALL the instructions. So as always, use this at your own risk. We or the creators are not responsible for your actions. Other than that, enjoy some Gingerbread on that Droid X