IMDb just released another update to the Android Market today and they have added support for Android 3.0+ Honeycomb tablets, as well as a few new improvements such as buying tickets right from your device and more. I powered up the Xoom and gave it a test and it looks great, runs smooth and previews look stellar on the high resolution 10″ display on tablets. They make use of the added real-estate on a large screen.
It appears that IMDb knows how to do updates right, they’ve supplied a huge list of new features as well as support for tablets. I wish all apps were updated in a complete manor like this. Here is the list of whats new:
· Now available on Android tablets!
· Login and rate movies from 1 (awful) to 10 (great)!
· Watchlist where you can track movies and TV shows that interest you.
· Enhanced Showtimes, which show movie theaters based on distance from your location
· Purchase movie tickets through our partner movietickets.com
· Improved cache performance
· Additionally, we’ve fixed most known bugs and optimized the app’s performance.
For all you movie buffs out there like myself this app is great. I fired up the preview of Horrible Bosses and it looked great like I mentioned above. The movie already has a high rating and I went ahead and rated it just to test things out, even though I haven’t seen the movie yet but I plan to this week.
The new and improved IMDb app is available in the Android Market and you can get it by clicking here. It is free so if you love movies there is no reason not to get this app. I’m constantly pulling it up to find an actors name, or a movie role to remember. Check it out.[via Android Market]