Earlier this month we reported that the HTC ThunderBolt was dropping the 4G connection to the Verizon network frequently. Verizon had said that an update was coming soon to fix the issue, and then we heard nothing more for a week or more. Apparently, that update is coming soon if a leaked ROM that turned up last week is any indication. The change log for the ROM shows a number of changes that are being made to the smartphone.
Among the changes are enhanced data connectivity to the 3G network. I would hope that enhanced connectivity also means that the dropping of 4G LTE signals is fixed too. However, nothing about 4G is mentioned in the change log. Other changes include SMS and MMS messages are now stored properly in the Messaging area, and tweaks were made to email.
The update also improves the timing for the device activation, and the Backup Assistant is displayed correctly in the Application menu now. Stability improvements to applications like Facebook, Kayak, Yahoo mail and more were made. The weather widget was also fixed to add an accurate location and GPS update loading was tweaked. Check out all the fun tweaks in bullet form here:
Web Browsing and Data Access
• Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network
Email and Messaging
• SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.).
Additional Device Features
• Timing for device activation has been improved.
• “Backup Assistant” is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
• Stability improvements for data centric applications such as Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
• Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget
• Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator™.